Sustainability and investment protection
As soon as a development project is finished, all innovation and development stops. This is what those projects teach us, which were sometimes implemented brilliantly, but then stagnated.
- Development budgets are no longer available
- the main developer(s) are no longer available
But everything is well documented ?
- Mostly within the scope of development projects often lasting several years
- very special programming know-how,
- an individual software architecture
- as well as a development methodology, how functions and modules are integrated.
- These factors enable a developing effectiveness, which cannot be reproduced in this way.
What are the consequences ?
- The effort and thus costs increase enormously, although less budget is available
- The software philosophy has to be reworked >>> the so-called development hysteresis occurs
- The risk increases as the structure changes and thus the instability and performance deterioration
- In addition, the amount of data to be processed increases with increasing use, thus opening up new perspectives.
- In addition, new technologies constantly raise new expectations.
And how can this be averted ?
- An operating concept is definitely needed for maintenance and change processes, among other things
- You definitely need a budget or resources as well as for securing the operation and for further development
It would be best if:
- a permanent free maintenance and bug fixing by the developer of the application
- desired changes or extensions are usually realized in small projects with efficient cost/performance ratio
How this can be realized ...